Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Better Shows Exist

So I somehow got wrangled (aka there was nothing else on and I chose to put it on) into watching many an episodes of Tosh.0.* Now. I have nothing against Daniel Tosh. I've heard great things about him. A friend of mine even showed me a clip of his stand-up one time, thinking I'd really really love it. Truthfully speaking, I didn't really love it. In fact, I didn't even really like it. However, he is no Dane Cook, and thus deserves no harm done to him.

Upon first impression of Tosh.0, it appeared to kind of be like The Soup. He was showing some video clips and commenting on them. This has been done only like a bazillion times. But then there were some sketches thrown in. While I did not find the sketches particularly funny, it wasn't completely unbearable. I imagine that many people will have some issues with me upon my take on Daniel Tosh and Tosh.0, but honestly, I don't really care. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and while you think he's hilarious, I find him a tad pretentious and just a bit annoying. It's one of those "one man's trash is another man's treasure" situations. And like the title of this post suggests, better shows exist.

I rest my case.






*"Many an episodes" really means that the guide tells me there a few more episodes on after the current show playing. It doesn't mean that I will watch them all. In fact, I've already switched the channel to E!'s Kids of Killers special. Much more interesting, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment