Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Strokes will rule 2011


I've really been on such a Strokes kick lately. I simply cannot get enough of them. Even though they haven't released an album in almost 5 years, I don't get sick of any of their material. It all resonates in my brain and makes me crave more, more, more. I think I secretly just want to be Julian Casablancas, but I suppose that's not really a secret any more, now is it?

I saw The Strokes for the first and only time (so far!) this past August at the Outside Lands music festival in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. I had always enjoyed their music, but never got to experience it live, and since then, I've been more hooked than ever.

So now all I find myself doing is anxiously awaiting the anticipated March 2011 release of The Strokes' comeback album. So far, it appears to be on schedule (finally! since this album has been in the works for years, kept getting postponed due to the band members' solo and side projects). I imagine a truly epic tour coinciding with the album's release. So people, be prepared. 2011 is almost upon is and sooner than we realize it will be March, and we will all be rocking out to the The Strokes' new album.

For the time being, you can enjoy some of these music videos.







2 comments:

  1. so you'd be julian casablancas being lou reed being a bluesman. that's meta as fak!

    i know you get down with the drive thru right!?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZ5fnYFI4Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. love my drive thru (even if it was created for a converse commercial). it's not really julian casablancas that i want to be, so much as what it is he represents... if that makes any sense. uch. i just wish i could afford to never have to give a fuck. that's what i really want!

    ReplyDelete