Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daft Punk Figurines do Exist!

Casually browsing the Daft Punk website, just wanting to see if there was any news on the possibility of an upcoming tour, and instead, this is what I was brought to. They're showing me figures of Daft Punk. What am I supposed to do with these? Hold my own concert for Barbie, Ken, old WWF wrestlers, and the original power rangers? (Yes, these are the figurines my parents keep in hopes that one of their four children will ever have a child of their own)
For only $55.55 (plus shipping, tax is included in this price) you can get this:

They even come with instruments!!!

Needless to say, this is the ONLY information on their website. And, in case anyone is unsure as to what Interstella 5555 means, it is a reference the Japanese Animated musical film of the same name. This film was a "visual realization" of Daft Punk's album, Discovery.

After more careful research on the original subject matter (when can I see Daft Punk live?), I came across some articles discussing exactly that. Apparently. Daft Punk is planning on some really awesomely major tour for 2011-2012. In fact, "the Managing Partner and Head of of Music CAA, which represents Daft Punk, said he expects 'the film soundtrack [Tron: Legacy] and tour will lead a dance music juggernaut worldwide. This is going to be the biggest tour of next year.'"

This is also going to be a stadium tour, so I hope everyone is adequately prepared for this amazingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment