Friday, December 24, 2010

How are we just finding out about this now?


Science is a pretty crazy thing, don't you think? You know, how it's always changing and everything. One day it's this, the next day it's that. So it's like, what the hell are we supposed to expect today? Oh, those crazy scientists! Well, this fun fact is a lot more useful for your everyday life... but I guess that depends on what your everyday life consists of.*

So what the fuck am I talking about? Well, I'm going to tell you right now.

Best hangover food is honey on toast, and science says so:
The Royal Society of Chemistry claim that the fructose in the honey – which is
also found in golden syrup – is essential to help the body break down alcohol
into harmless by-products.

Serving the honey on toast adds potassium and sodium to the meal which is
also helps the body cope with the alcohol.

(I am very aware that this last sentence kind of makes no sense... it's missing a word or has an extra one, but I didn't write it)

So let's all drink more alcohol than usual, get really blackout drunk, do some crazy shit that we'll never remember, and then have some honey on toast. Sounds strangely like my family's annual reunion.**






*This is particularly useful for all those alcoholics out there. I know you like to drink, now it doesn't have to hurt so much.
**My family does not actually hold an annual reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment