Friday, December 24, 2010

What's Dish Network Blogging About Now?

I somehow came upon the great fortune of discovering the Dish Network Blog. This is some seriously outsourced shit. No joke, my friends. It's like reading internet translations. Naturally, this has become my new favorite blog. I hate football, but I read every football game post with vigor that the Dish Network blogger writes. There will be strings of fluency here and there, but for the most part, the blog posts consistently contain sentences, phrases, whole ideas that do not make any sense. In addition, much of the content is poorly worded. I imagine that editing is not in their budget.

On a daily (or as often as I manage to) basis, I will feature some of the more enjoyable blog posts from Dish Network's Blog.

Tonight we're going to start with this entry from December 16th, which attempts to persuade its readers that the San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers football game is going to be super exciting. However, I often get the feeling that the writer is a robot or computer of some sort. You know, one devoid of emotion.

While this article is not particularly painful to read, there are a bunch of mistakes that could have easily been avoided if the posts were edited, or even read over just once. Seriously, elementary mistakes, my dear Watson.

  • As both the teams are fairly banged up to look their horns on tonight’s game, it is expected to be full of excitement.
    I'm sorry what was that you were trying to say? "look their horns?" I mean, I'm not dense, I do actually get the message the writer is trying to convey, but that shouldn't be my job, that should be the DNB writer's. I'm also not even convinced on the excitement factor of which the writer speaks. There wasn't even an explanation point to show emotion!
  • If we analyze the strengths of both the sides, if seems that Chargers are a bit favorite in San Francisco 49ers vs San Diego Chargers game, but you never what’s in store at the end.
    Hmmm. I don't even think I need to comment on this one. Super sloppy work, Rajib.
  • However, if you miss it by any chance, as a DISH Network subscriber, you have the opportunity to use your DISH DVR to record the game, which you can watch later at your convenient time.
    Hey guys what time is it? It's your convenient time! Guess that means I should watch that 49ers/Chargers game now.



No comments:

Post a Comment