Monday, December 27, 2010

WDNBAN? A Home for the Holidays

Today's What's Dish Network Blogging About Now? features "a completely different sort of entertainment show" which was CBS' A Home for the Holidays. As described by DNB (Dish Network Blogger), this special featured a ton of "moving" musical performances by Ricky Martin, Melissa Etheridge, Maroon 5, Nelly, and Katy Perry. So far this just sounds like your average holiday/charity concert, or an awards show featuring musical performances (spolier alert: it is!). There truly seems to be nothing "completely different" about this program at all. Other "performers" included Sharon Osbourne, Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Holly Robinson Peete, Mira Sorvino, Maria Jaret Winokur, and Leah Remini. What any of these people did to be referred to as "performers" for this program is beyond me, because I honestly don't care enough to try and watch and/or read anything else about the special. I really don't want anything to spoil this impression that the DNB has set for me. I like it better this way. Apparently inspirational stories of American families and foster care adoption were also featured during the program (aka the whole point of it all). So, it was just another sappy holiday show meant to make everyone who already feels bad about themselves feel even more terrible for feeling so selfish when they really "have it good" compared to these poor folks. You know exactly what I am talking about!

Anyways, aren't you glad you missed the December 22nd airing of this program? If you happened to watch it, I apologize for not warning you about it beforehand. I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.*








*I just re-read this post, and I swear I'm not as cold-hearted as I sound. I just think this DNB is rather entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment