Monday, October 18, 2010

Artist of the Day: Amp Live


Today I was introduced to Amp Live, an Oakland-based DJ and producer most famously known for being one half of Zion I, an Oakland-based hip hop duo (whom I also became familiar with today). Amp Live has gone on to produce for Akon, MGMT, and Tokyo Police Club among others. However, it is his remixes that I am really enjoying.

A friend of mine e-mailed me a link to download Amp Live's Rainy Dayz remixes (remixes of songs from Radiohead's In Rainbows). Apparently this "album" caused some controversy at first as he did not seek the permission of Radiohead, but the tracks are free to download, so you can check them out here. I honestly have not listened to them yet, as I got distracted by his mashup of MGMT's Future Reflections and of Montreal's Faberge Falls for Shuggie, and felt the urgent need to tell everyone about it immediately. It is truly a great combination, which can be listened to (and downloaded) here, as well as on Amp Live's site.


No comments:

Post a Comment