Wednesday, October 20, 2010

best direct-to-video movie? maybe!


Okay. So usually movies that go direct to video (or, I guess DVD) are usually pretty terrible. Sometimes they're awesomely bad. Sometimes they're just down right disgusting. However, I found one that is actually good and entertaining. It's certainly not the best movie ever, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I watched it via Netflix Instant Queue, where I have actually found some other good direct-to-video releases. So, the movie I am referring to is: SPRING BREAKDOWN.

This movie stars Parker Posey, Amy Poehler (in all of her greatness), and Rachel Dratch as three 30 somethings who never quite got college (or life) right. So, when Posey's character is assigned the task of watching over the Senator's (Jane Lynch! )daughter and her friends (Amber Tamblyn, Mae Whitman, and Sarah Hagan) during Spring Break in South Padre, TX to assure she doesn't do anything to ruin the Senator's chance of being named Vice President, the three of them decide to go together and do Spring Break the right way. Naturally, funny business ensues, blah blah blah. Additionally, there are some great appearances by Will Arnett, Seth Meyers, and Missi Pyle. Needless to say, how can this not be a great film, right? Well, it was received very well by critics, so I think I've done enough to convince You to watch this movie.

Still unsure? Watch the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment