Sunday, October 24, 2010

THIS is not good for my fear of crocodiles... or for Captain Hook


I had to read THIS article over and over again just to comprehend what happened. I'm still in a bit of shock and disbelief.

So this is basically what happened. Someone snook a crocodile on to an airplane. This person hid such croc IN their bag that was on the plane with the passengers... not in cargo with luggage. I know. You can already tell how bad this is going to get. Just as the plane was making its descent into Bandundu (The Democratic Republic of Congo) from its capital of Kinshasa, the croc magically escaped out of the bag it was being stored in, and naturally caused all kind of panic and ruckus within the plane. Everyone freaked out and ran to one side of the plane... the cockpit, I believe. Thus, the plane was brought off balance and crashed into an empty home just near its final destination. Yeah. That's pretty much exactly what happened. If I heard the video right, 20 out of the 21 passengers died. And that 1 survivor was not the croc smuggler (who was hoping to sell it?). Whatever happened to the good ol' days of smuggling drugs on to planes. You know, stick a little coke in your vagina, a little heroin in your anus. Maybe swallow a balloon of something... but a crocodile? WHY? Those things are scary and viscious. Even the croc survived the crash. Though, when going through the plane remnants with a machete? (I imagine machetes are used more often than we imagine in Africa) the crocodile was caught in such mess and killed. The one crash survivor promptly told investigators this whole entire story.

Anyways, you can read the full article HERE. And I, of course, must thank Geekologie for bringing this craziness to my radar.

No comments:

Post a Comment